Finding a new apartment, especially in cities as large as Dallas and Fort Worth, can be extremely overwhelming! There are so many options to choose from, and it’s hard to tell by driving by or looking online if you’ll even be able to afford the apartment or if they’ll be able to provide you with the lifestyle you’re looking for. That’s where we come in!
We search for apartments in DFW every single day. We’ve seen them in person, we know what specials they offer (if any), and we know which places will work for your budget. Perhaps you are looking for something really specific, like white cabinets, a stand up shower instead of a bathtub, or floor-to-ceiling windows…we can guide you to the properties that offer those things. We are your living, breathing database for all things DFW apartments.
So how does it work and why is it free? I don’t know about you, but anytime I hear the word free, I’m a little bit skeptical. What’s the catch? Why would anyone take time out of their day to find me an apartment for free? The apartment complexes see the value that apartment locators provide, so they use their marketing budgets to compensate us with a referral bonus for helping you find them. This bonus doesn’t affect the price of your rent or fees while living at the complex, making it a truly 100% free service to you! Need more information? Let’s go through the process in more detail!
What is an apartment locator?
- An apartment locator is a licensed real estate agent specializing in apartment rentals!
- As your locator, The Realm Agency can help you find the best deals in Dallas-Fort Worth as well as provide you with options that work well for your life. Since this is what we do daily, our job eliminates the stress and confusion of trying to do this on your own using Google. PLUS IT IS TOTALLY FREE! No catch.
When should I start looking for my apartment?
- The DFW metroplex works off a 60 day notice cycle. This means every resident has to submit a 60 day notice to vacate their apartment, which allows us to know what is available in the near future. Because of this, we recommend you begin your apartment search no sooner than 60 days before the date you want to move.
When do we start touring apartments?
- We recommend that we start touring apartments when you are prepared to make your decision and apply. A lot of apartments have “look & lease” specials that are only valid for 48 hours after the first time you tour. To MAXIMIZE YOUR SAVINGS hold off on touring until you are ready to apply.
- In addition to special deals, apartment pricing and availability changes every single day. If you tour an apartment today and love it, but don’t apply right away, there’s a chance someone else will apply for it before you do!
Do you go with me on apartment tours?
- We can! It is totally up to you. If you want to go with your mom, dad, best friend, grandma… whoever! It is totally up to you! We are always with you virtually via phone, but LOVE going to visit properties with you to help you make your decision! (Your friends/family can tag along too!)
- If our schedules don’t align with yours, we will be sure to set up appointments and guest cards for you, provide you will all the relevant information you’ll need, and whatever else is necessary to streamline the process for you!
What is the “normal” price range for Dallas apartments?
- Like we mentioned previously, apartment pricing and availability is determined by move date, but due to our many years of experience in the DFW apartment market, we have set our minimum starting prices at the following:
- 1 bedrooms/studios: $1000+
- 2 bedrooms: $1500+
- 3 bedrooms: $2000+
- We always post the best deals we find on our Instagram account, so be sure to follow us @therealmagency to keep an eye out for best prices!
How do we get started?
- Once you decide on a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom and hit the 60 day window from your move date, we will set you up with a personalized list of options that fit your move date, budget, and lifestyle! The list will show you all the best options for your move date and price range. We will send you the exact unit number and pricing information, so you don’t have to do any guess work or research! From there you pick your faves and we tour!
I’ve found the ONE! Now what?
- You’ll want to submit your application and up front fees to the apartment complex as soon as possible in order to reserve the apartment for your move date!
- The application will ask you how you heard about the apartment complex. Please list us as your referral source! This is how we are able to provide you with a free service!
- Once the apartment complex receives your application, they’ll begin processing it. Once you’re approved, you’ll be ready to prepare for move in!
- Keep us up-to-date through this process. We will be here for you every step of the way!